Friday, June 3, 2011

Play Ball

I like to watch sports...some more than others...but in general I will watch anything sports related. Now don't get me confused with the sport fanatic...I like to watch but only mildly care who wins...50-50. That goes up to 90 percent on Fall Saturdays...you figure it out. But what I really like to do is to watch sports with the 3 girls I love. This is on  rare occasions...but with the introduction of 2 wonderful son-in-laws... 2 of my sweeties have taken a new interest in sports. First Ashley...she likes to commentate...not on the sport itself but on everything else. The uniforms...mannerisms...what is said... the weather...it doesn't matter as long as she can commentate and if you keep up a running commentary with her it is a huge bonus...I love it. She has shared with me that she commentates some with Alex but it is much less when she is with all the Cranes...but give her time. Alex is very easy going with this and even has Ashley watching Denver hockey...we're talking true love here!

Now Dene' has not been a big sports fan either but that is changing too...huuummm I wonder why? Thanks to Tyler, Dene' has an inside knowledge of some facts that a casual fan is just not suppose to know. Awhile back we were watching a college basketball game and part way thru she started telling us about how young this team was and where some of the team members came from and their back-ground.Then true to Dene' fashion  she asked..." so what color are we for?" I love it and so does Tyler...he is so patient with her!

 
Now Cindy...you wouldn't guess her for a sports fanatic...and maybe I'm bending the definition here...but when I can get her to sit down and watch something with me...watch out! I would never call her opinionated but her her friends call her that (kinda a movie line). Last nite we were watching the second game of the Heat and Mavericks (basketball Miami and Dallas) and Cindy was going on non-stop about how sloppy both teams were playing the first half and the refs were letting so many fouls go by and Dirk talking such poor shots! She becomes an expert on any sport she sits down to watch...I love it too! Guys...if your love-one is willing to sit and watch some mindless sports with you...listen and agree with whatever they say...the magic of LOVE!

Speaking of mindless sports...lets talk about soccer. OK..that was low...my apologies to Alex and Tyler. Seriously I have come to really enjoy soccer. Thanks to my two sons in-law I have taken a great interest in the game..er..match. Cindy and I where blessed with the opportunity to watch Tyler coach and play...and hope to have the same opportunity to see Alex do the same.

Tyler coached the JV team at at our Catholic High school here in Lincoln while they were with us. They did really well and enjoyed the experience and energy Tyler brought to the program.


If its not obvious...Tyler is from the South...its hot...always hot...especially during soccer season. Coming to Nebraska and coaching in March was...shall we say... pretty cool!














          Here's the half time inspirational talk.










Tyler also played on a city team...which we really enjoyed watching  each Sunday afternoon. It reminded me of myself...when I was the star athlete in high school..running circles around everyone...OK...in my dreams.  
                                             



 
 
                                                                        Don't even try and stop this guy.













                                                       OK he's fast!





                                                            

                                                                                                                                                                                                  
                                                                                                              
                    




  Launch












                                             Another cool match
                              
                           





And the crowds came from far and wide!
















Thank you Lord for Alex and Tyler, two good men, who share their love of sports with the ones they love.

No comments:

Post a Comment