Monday, February 6, 2012

Yes...it is still Winter



  We received only the second real measurable snow of the Winter but it was a good one. Official measurement was 11.1 inches but it was more like 13 inches in my yard. It pruned quite a few branches off our trees and alot in town. Our tree on the patio lost 3 pretty big branches. It did blow in some Cedar Waxwings that I have not seen in town before. The snowfall was the 4th largest for a 24hr period here in Lincoln...ever...please no laughing from family up North.









Our house from up the road.
   

Back yard...alot of the branches bent but did not break.


This was across the street.




Looking out the back door.


Our tree nearest the kitchen took the biggest hit but I think it will survive.


Lilac bushes pretty crunched...I did go out and knock what snow I could from the trees and bushes.

Cedar Waxwing

I call this "Going Cold Turkey". Cindy was very happy I kept the turkey outside and did not cook a real one for the Super Bowl.


1 comment:

  1. This is so awesome! Brings back great memories of when we were younger. I am glad you are still carrying on this tradition Dad!

    ReplyDelete