Dene' and Tyler have left the "Port of Dubuque" and are heading to Belmont, NC via Montgomery, AL and summer training in Ave Maria, FL. That's a lot of sailing. But before they left Cindy and I spent the weekend in Dubuque doing some of our favorite things...spending time with our kids and eating angry noodles!
We went to Galena, a little town in Illinois that has some wonderful shops including one with 100 varieties of popcorn of which we always partake, and a canning shop which offers wonderful samples. We took Fannie to the river walk AND (drum roll please) went downtown to a restaurant called "The Crust". When our waiter came and asked us if we were ready to order, I told him I was ready two weeks ago and had come from Lincoln, Nebraska for the angry noodles. He wasn't sure what to say but took our order anyway. Angry noodles are hot and spicy and delicious. It is worth the drive to Dubuque :) Cindy and Dene' had something called "Thai one on" which was a spicy pizza with a peanut-ginger sauce. Tyler...like the wonderful son-in-law he is...had angry noodles, too.
![]() |
| Galena...I stole this pic from a previous bog of Dene's. |
| Fannie says lets get walking. |
| Dubuque was still in bloom and very pretty. |
| River walk. |
| "The Crust"...ya! |
| Angry noodles. |
We left Dubuque Sunday around 1:30pm and dodged severe weather all the way back to Lincoln. Just west of Des Moines on I-80 we hit a downpour with some hail and missed a tornado by 40 miles which crossed the interstate behind us. We thank our Lord for safe travels and pray for all those affected by the storms these last few days.
Dene' and Tyler left this morning (Monday) for a long journey to Montgomery. Cleaned their apartment, locked the keys inside and walked away.
We look forward to our next adventure down to North Carolina. I just hope they have angry noodles there.
(See Dene's goodbye to Dubuque.)

No comments:
Post a Comment