I wanted to blog about playing with nature...but the longer I thought about it we don't really play with nature...nature plays with us. We might be in nature
(check out Dene', Tyler and Frannie), watch nature, hide, run from, complain about, pray for, be in awe of, taste, feel, hear and just let nature be nature...but do we play with nature? I think nature not only plays with us but enjoys messing with us.
There is this tree at the end of our block that I believe is the prettiest tree in Lincoln. We get to see it go from dormant, to bud, blossom, to peak and finally green up. It is incredible.
 |
| The tree |
 |
| Lovely |
I do have a neighbor who has a yard with grass like a golf course...just beautiful. I did catch one dandelion growing in the yard so took a picture.
 |
| The one and only |
This spring has turned out to be great for the blooms in the trees. Good moisture and cool weather.
 |
| Two blocks down Vine street |
 |
| I took this pic in park by my office. |
Each spring I get to 'work in nature'...kind of participate and help nature along.
 |
| Lots of mulch |
 |
| Flowers ready to be planted |
 |
| Daises |
 |
| Fuchsia |
 |
| On our deck |
 |
| More nature |
If there is any game I play with nature it is picking up sticks. A simple game really...I pick up sticks...and more sticks and more sticks before I mow. I think it's my tree's favorite game to play with me...it doesn't seem to get tired of dropping the branches and watching me pick them up.
 |
| Fun game |
 |
After I mow, the tree is still playing games...I think it's just messing with me now.
|
Check out Cindy's blog on playing in history next.
No comments:
Post a Comment